Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kitchen...Before and After

Finally! Can you believe that it took me longer to take and post the after pictures than it did to actually remodel the kitchen? That is exactly why it was good that we had a deadline (I was hosting a shower in early June) and had to finish it. We still can't believe that this kitchen is ours and feel so blessed to have been able to do it. It has already made our life so much easier...we love having so much more space, more storage, an opened and sunny room, a washer and dryer that isn't three flights of stairs away and its so much easier to keep an eye on Gwen and let her play while we cook. Overall, it will allow us to live more comfortably here with a toddler and we won't have to move when we someday have another child. Although I cannot say that I loved all the physical work involved, I can say that I LOVED the design and planning aspect of it...picking out cabinets and appliances, choosing colors, playing around with the layout, deciding sizes and interiors of cabinets, making curtains, and arranging and displaying our stuff. (A future career in Interior Design maybe?) Now that we are living with the final product, WE LOVE IT!
If you're thinking of redoing your kitchen, don't hesitate to ask us anything. Thanks to Jamie for help with the design and to all of you who were willing to help us out throughout the process! I joked that no one wanted to come over during the whole time for fear of being put to work :)

I did before and after pictures of similar angles and views in the room. They do not all match exactly, but I think you'll be able to get the idea. Also, to make things a little more clear, we knocked out the wall that you see in the first picture. So instead of a seperate kitchen and dining room, we have one big room now. The last two pictures really give you the best view of the whole room. Enjoy!













































8 comments:

Jae Wyllie Willard said...

Looks great! You two did a wonderful job and I love the curtains you made. The hard work definitely paid off.

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks FANTASTIC - great job you guys! Linnea, you definitely have an eye for all of the design details. I think I would have had to hire a professional if I wanted it to look that good. :)

Sarah said...

Nice! I love the space, I love the wall color, and I LOVE the Amy Butler curtains! I think that the winter quilting retreat is calling your name, young lady. Great job with the kitchen!

Angela said...

Awesome job! It looks SO great! Props on doing it all yourself - so much hard work but the reward is always worth it. It's giving me the redecorating bug . . .heads up Cody!

The Process said...

Finally! I don't know why I was needing these on the blog since I've already seen it. Don't you feel like we should have swedish pancakes in that kitchen if elizabeth mitchell gets rained out?! just a thought : )

love your curtains too but am totally mad that you headed to the store without me . . . next time! : )

Melissa said...

wow, linnea - i LOVE it! a career in interior design is definitely a great option. and those curtains! gorgeous, all of it. a great kitchen is the centerpiece of a cozy home, in my humble opinion. :)

The Bramleys said...

Wow! Looks great! What a big job! Rachel

Anonymous said...

it looks decent i guess.

jed